The Athletic body can require different things from a treatment, and it can be moved in different ways. Expand your massage repertoire with new techniques and knowledge of the active body.
Included in this package:
- 10 nights accommodation at the retreat centre
- Daily meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- 2 x Enhanced Training Modules (3-days in length each):
- – Enhanced: Thai Massage for the Active Body
- – Enhanced: Expanding Touch Techniques & Enhancing Sensitivity
Please note that this package is only available to current students who have participated in a minimum of Module 3.
The retreat centre is located in walking distance to 3 beautiful waterfalls that are accessible to you at any time during the day (outside of class time). There is also a 2.5hr zipline tour that goes through the property, however this is an additional cost of $60USD. The beach is located about 30 minutes down the mountain and a day trip can also be arranged for an extra fee (based on the requirement of taxis).
Expanding Touch Techniques & Enhancing Sensitivity –
“Thai massage is as good to give as it is to receive” – we have already explored this concept in our practice by using efficient and safe biomechanics. This course will extend this idea to the use of our different “tools” when massaging. Course content includes:
- Exploring greater use of our feet, knees and forearms in the application of massage pressure and muscle manipulation techniques to improve practitioner and client experience.
- Developing our touch sensitivity in these larger areas of our body so that we can use them for the full spectrum of pressure from superficial to deep touch.
- Comparing the use of different tools for different postures. This will help us see if a new touch technique will replace or add onto a previously used technique taking us deeper into the pose.
- The addition of another hour of massage postures to add into our existing repertoire.
- Discussions on how these new touch techniques impact our ability to customize our treatments.
Thai Massage for the Active Body –
Individuals who maintain an active lifestyle will require a different approach to massage, often with greater emphasis placed on assisted stretches. Thai massage for the athletic body focuses on:
- Common patterns of tension found in individuals who are more active. This is often quite different to the typical tension areas of more sedentary people,
- Case study examples that use certain sports or movement styles as templates for further discussion,.
- Learning a full 90 minute massage sequence that centres around stretching and deeper massage techniques,
- Preparing you as the practitioner to work with more active bodies: this includes ensuring the effective and safe movement of more muscular and dense limbs.
- Providing an understanding of when it is appropriate to work with injuries and when it is not, helping to clarify our role as a Thai massage practitioner.
- $1670 (USD)
January 27, 2018 - February 6, 2018
11:00 am - 10:00 am
Venue: Costa Rican Jungle!