Dive into the worlds of Ayurveda and Thai Element Theory, along with exploring some of the more challenging and adventurous techniques in a Thai Massage practice. A unique opportunity to live and breathe not only the physical practice of our work but also to immerse in a way of living.
Included in this package:
- 9 nights accommodation at the retreat centre
- Daily meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- 2 x beach trips
- 2 x Enhanced Training Modules (3-days in length each):
- – Enhanced: Thai Massage & Ayurveda
- – Enhanced: Posture Play
Please note that this package is only available to current students who have participated in a minimum of Module 3 of the Navina curriculum.
The retreat centre is located in walking distance to 2 beautiful waterfalls with natural pools that are accessible to you at any time during the day (outside of class time). There is also a 2.5hr zipline tour nearby, however this is an additional cost of $65USD. The beach is located about 25-minutes up the road and we’ll be going to a couple of them.
Thai Massage & Ayurveda –
Ayurveda is an ancient system of medicine developed thousands of years ago that allows us to see discrete differences within each individual. We learn the basics of Ayurveda to better customize our massage treatments. This advanced module focuses on:
- Introducing us to the 3 doshas, the Vayus and the 5 elements, and putting these into the context of Thai massage.
- Allowing this knowledge to inform our posture selection throughout a treatment.
- Integrating an extra 45 minutes of massage postures into a new sequence as well as extending our abdomen massage.
- Revisiting postures learned in modules 1-3 with a new perspective of (in particular) the Vayus and discussing how this will impact your treatments.
- Highlighting that all physical work is also energy work. This course will help us to integrate the worlds of anatomy and science with traditional Thai massage and energy work.
Posture Play –
Designed as a more playful and intuitive training course.Here we examine some of the “fancier” postures that are only safely accessible to advanced receivers. We also delve deeper into creating ease and flow within your treatments so that they become a fluid dance. Emphasis will be placed on:
- Safe alignment and key details that make the more advanced postures safe to receive.
- Creating transitions to smoothly link postures.
- Breaking the mold of a ‘sequence’ and exploring the idea of creating your sequencing from moment to moment in response to the physical and energetic needs of your client’s body.
- Turning your treatments into an artform.
This is an opportunity to expand your practice in our stunning new centre in the jungles of Costa Rica. Join us.
If you secure your place with a deposit, we’ll contact you as soon as possible to set up your payment plan arrangements. To read through the payment plan policies in advance, please see this page.
- Enhanced training Intensive in Costa Rica 2020
February 1, 2020 - February 10, 2020
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Venue: Navina Costa Rica